Almond & Parmesan CRUSTED CHICKEN TENDERS
This is one of my favorite breading recipes for chicken, but can also be used on any meat cutlet. The Parmesan cheese and almond flour create a flavorful coating that gets nice and crispy.
Makes: 6 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 20 MINUTES
For the chicken strips
3 chicken breasts
3 free-range eggs
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
For the breading mixture
2 cups (180 g) parmesan cheese,
2 cups (190 g)
finely ground almond flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground
Blue cheese or ranch dressing to serve, freshly chopped chives to garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200c. Place the parmesan cheese and almond flour into a large bowl and then mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
2. Cut the chicken into thin strips (allowing approximately 5 strips per serving), pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Dip each chicken strip into the egg mixture and follow with the almond-parmesan mixture, making sure each one gets a thorough coating.
4. Cover a large baking tray with foil and then baking parchment to stop the chicken tenders sticking, then add the coated chicken tenders, making sure they are well spread out.
5. Drizzle over the olive oil and place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove the cooked chicken tenders from the baking tray and drain onto paper towels.
6. To serve, sprinkle with a little sea salt, garnish with freshly chopped chives, and accompany with a dip of your choice.