Hazelnut Crusted Dark Chocolate Silk Tart with Fresh Strawberries
This no-bake chocolate tart makes a perfect (ie: quick and decadent) dessert if you are having a last-minute dinner party and are tight on time. A simple ground hazelnut crust is filled with a smooth chocolate ganache then topped with fresh strawberries.
makes: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 35 MINUTES (PLUS CHILLING)
cooking time: 10 MINUTES
For the crust
2 cups (260 g) chopped, roasted hazelnuts
¼ cup (50 g) Sola sweetener
¾ stick (85 g) unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
3 ounces (85 g) good-quality, unsweetened chocolate
1 ¾ sticks (188 g) unsalted butter
¼ cup (30 g) good-quality cocoa powder
1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
1 pinch of salt
¾ cup (140 g) Sola sweetener
For the topping
20 large strawberries, halved
1. Grease an 8-inch or 10-inch cheesecake pan (removable bottom) and line with parchment paper. Place the chopped hazelnuts and Sola sweetener into a food processor and pulse to a fine breadcrumb consistency. Pour the melted butter through the feed tube and pulse a few times until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
2. Place the hazelnut mixture into the prepared pan and press into the bottom and sides to form a tart crust. Place the crust into the refrigerator to chill while you make the chocolate filling.
3. To make the chocolate filling, chop the chocolate into small chunks and place into a mixing bowl with the butter. Sift the cocoa powder over the top and place the mixing bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Let the mixture melt slowly for approximately five minutes.
4. Place the cream, salt, and Sola sweetener into a separate pan or microwavable bowl, heat until the cream is steaming, and the Sola sweetener is completely dissolved.
5. Pour the cream mixture into the melted chocolate mixture and whisk together until smooth and glossy.
6. Pour the ganache into the hazelnut crust and place the tart into the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours.
7. Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the tart and serve with whipped cream or a pitcher of heavy cream to pour on top.
You can also top the tart with a layer of whipped cream before decorating it with the strawberries.