LOW-CARB No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake with Almond Macadamia Crust
This is one of my favorite cheesecake recipes, it’s different form a baked cheesecake because it’s much lighter, with a silky-smooth texture. Also, because it’s a no bake cheesecake it’s much easier and quicker to make. Try making this delicious and attractive cheesecake for a celebration or family gathering and be the star of the party.
makes: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 35 MINUTES (PLUS 3 HOURS CHILLING)
cooking time: 5 MINUTES
For the Crust
1 cup (135g) macadamia nuts
2 cups (220g) almond flour
4 tablespoons Sola sweetener
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ stick (85g) unsalted butter
For the Filling
4 ounces (110g) full-fat cream cheese softened
8 ounces (225g) mascarpone cheese softened
3 cups (700 ml) heavy/double cream
Seeds of 1 vanilla bean/pod
3 teaspoons powdered gelatin
¾ cup (145 g) Sola sweetener
1 pound (450 g) Fresh Strawberries 16 (hulled and sliced)
3 tablespoons pistachios (chopped)
1. Grease an 8-inch or 10-inch cheesecake pan (removable bottom) and line it with parchment paper. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over one-half-cup (120 ml) cream (out of the three cups in the filling recipe), whisk it with a fork and let it rest for five minutes to bloom.
2. Place the macadamia nuts into a food processor and process until the consistency resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, and crushed macadamia nuts with the melted butter, granulated sweetener, and ground ginger.
4. Place the crumbs in the prepared pan and press them into the bottom and sides to form a pie crust. Place the pan into the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
5. Place the cream cheese, mascarpone, vanilla, and granulated sweetener into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or use an electric hand whisk and a large bowl). Whisk the cream cheese mixture for a few minutes, until it becomes light and creamy.
6. Slowly add two-and-a-half cups of the cream a little bit at a time to the cream cheese mixture (this helps the consistency of the batter to stay smooth). When all of the cream has been added, turn the mixer onto full power and whisk until the mixture takes on the consistency of stiff whipped cream.
7. Place the bloomed gelatin and cream mixture into a small saucepan over low heat and warm through until the gelatin is dissolved. Remove the cream-gelatin mixture from the heat and allow it to cool for 10 minutes to room temperature.
8. When the gelatin-cream mixture is cool, add it to the cheesecake mixture and stir very well to ensure that it is fully incorporated. Spoon the mixture into the cheesecake pan and smooth the top with a spoon.
9. Place the cheesecake into the refrigerator to chill for at least three hours before removing from the pan, top with the sliced strawberries and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios for an attractive garnish.