CRUSTLESS BAKED NEW YORK STYLE MEYER LEMON CHEESECAKE
This is a classic and easily adaptable New York-style baked cheesecake with a zingy citrus flavor. Even without the crust, it is a crowd-pleaser that is satisfying and festive! The Meyer lemons can also be swapped with another citrus fruit for an equally delicious and simple dessert.
makes: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cooking time: 45MINUTES TO 1 HOUR
24 ounces (680 g) full-fat cream cheese, softened
¾ cup (145 g) Sola sweetener
1 cup (240 ml) heavy/double cream
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
Finely grated zest of 1 Meyer lemon (regular lemons also work great)
Juice of 2 Meyer lemons (or regular lemons)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 large, free-range eggs
1 free-range egg yolk
1. Preheat the oven to 325F/170c. Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) cheesecake pan (removable bottom) and line with parchment paper.
2. Place the cream cheese and Sola sweetener in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use an electric hand mixer and a large bowl). Beat the ingredients for approximately five minutes until smooth and creamy.
3. With the mixer on a low speed, gradually add the cream and beat until smooth, then add the remaining ingredients and mix in until fully incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place into the oven on a middle shelf. Cook for approximately 45 minutes.
5. The cheesecake is done when you gently shake the pan and there is just a slight wobble in the center. If the mixture looks too jiggly when you shake the pan, then it is not ready and won’t set up when you chill it. Give the cheesecake up to another 15 minutes of cooking time, checking every five minutes to see if it is done.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool for one hour in the pan. Transfer the cake (still in the pan) to the refrigerator and chill for at least three hours.
7. Remove the sides of the cake pan and carefully slide the cake onto a serving plate. Top with fresh berries and whipped cream.