CRISPY PARMESAN & ALMOND CRUSTED CAULIFLOWER
This is a great way to serve cauliflower, tender on the inside with an irresistible crunchy parmesan and almond crust, they make a great replacement for roasted potatoes served with Sunday lunch or just enjoyed as a tasty snack!
makes: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cooking time: 30 MINUTES
1 medium sized cauliflower
1 cup (95 g) finely ground almond flour
1 ½ cups (180g) grated parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
8 tablespoons olive oil
4 free range eggs
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F/200c and prepare a large baking tray lined with foil, drizzle over 4 tablespoons of olive oil and make sure the baking tray is evenly coated.
2. Remove the stalk and leaves from the cauliflower, but leave it whole, with the stalk facing downwards cut through the cauliflower directly through the middle so that you have two halves.
3. Slice each half across into 1 cm (1/4 inch) thick pieces and place to one side.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, sea salt and ground black pepper.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt.
6. dip each slice of cauliflower into the egg mixture and then into the almond and parmesan mixture, toss the cauliflower slice around until well coated and then transfer to the baking tray. Continue this process until all of your cauliflower slices are coated.
8. drizzle over the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive and place the tray into the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping the cauliflower halfway through.
9. Once ready the cauliflower should be golden brown and crispy, transfer to a serving plate and season well, garnish with some additional chopped parsley and parmesan shavings.