KETO PARMESAN AND ALMOND CRUSTED CHICKEN TENDERS
This is one of my favorite breading recipes for chicken, but can also be used on any meat cutlet. The parmesan cheese and almond flour create a flavorful crust that gets nice and crispy whether you choose to fry or bake.
Makes: 6 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 10 MINUTES
2 cups (180 g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
2 cups (190 g) finely ground almond flour
1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
3 chicken breasts
3 free-range eggs
½ cup (120 ml) coconut oil for frying
blue cheese dressing to serve and fresh
chives to garnish
1. Place the parmesan cheese and almond flour into a large bowl and then mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
2. Cut the chicken into thin strips (allowing approximately 5 strips per serving), pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Dip each chicken strip into the egg mixture and follow with the almond-parmesan mixture, making sure each one gets a thorough coating.
4. Place a large frying pan over medium heat and add the oil. Slowly add the chicken strips and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side. Turn up the heat and continue to cook for a further minute or 2 on each side until golden-brown and crispy. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
5. To serve, sprinkle with a little sea salt, garnish with freshly chopped chives, and accompany with a dip of your choice.