KETO Chicken, Avocado, and Strawberry Salad with Zesty Citrus Dressing
A delicious and simple lunchtime salad full of flavor and healthy fats. The fresh strawberries give this salad a sweet zing.
Makes: 4 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
4 handfuls mixed salad greens
2 ripe avocados
1 squeeze lime juice
1 cup (165 g) ripe strawberries, sliced
½ cup (50 g) almonds, toasted and sliced
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
Zest of ½ orange
1 tablespoon Sola sweetener
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Divide the salad greens between four serving plates
2. Slice the chicken breast and scatter it over the salad in a rustic fashion.
3. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and skin, and slice into thin strips. Squeeze a little lime juice on the slices to prevent the avocado from discoloring, and disperse over the salads.
4. Sprinkle the sliced strawberries and almonds over the salads.
5. To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together, drizzle over the salads, and serve immediately.