LOW-CARB ALMOND PANCAKES
This simple pancake recipe is perfect for times when you’re craving something sweeter than bacon and eggs. Light and fluffy, they are especially scrumptious when paired with crispy bacon, salted butter, and fresh berries. Add some whipped cream for a special treat!
Makes: 4 Servings (8 pancakes)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 ½ cups (140 g) finely-ground almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
5 tablespoons Sola sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
4 free-range eggs
¼ stick (30 g) unsalted butter, melted
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup (60 ml) whole milk
Optional Garnish: salted butter, Greek yogurt, whipped cream, fresh berries, bacon
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix well, preferably with an electric mixer, which will help incorporate more air bubbles. You should have a batter with quite a thick consistency (it will look and feel far thicker than a conventional pancake batter). Don’t be alarmed and don’t add any extra liquid!
3. Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add a small amount of sunflower oil for each batch of pancakes you cook.
4. Drop two tablespoons of almond mixture into the hot pan and spread it out using the back of a spoon (aim to get a 3-inch round pancake). Cook for two to three minutes until set; you can drop a few blueberries into the uncooked side of the pancake at this point, before flipping, it if you like.
5. Flip the pancake and continue to cook for another one to two minutes until fully cooked, puffed up, and golden brown.
6. Top with Greek yoghurt or whipped cream, and fresh berries. Enjoy the pancakes immediately while still warm, served alongside crispy bacon!