KETO WHITE BREAD
This is an incredibly versatile recipe and though it isn’t a yeast bread (yeast breads rely heavily on gluten in flour for their chewy, signature texture).it behaves like one. Great for sandwiches, toasting, making breadcrumbs, and French toast, this slightly sweet, mellow bread can be used in place of your favorite gluten-containing bread.
makes: 16 SLICES
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cooking time: 35 MINUTES
2 cups (180 g) finely ground almond flour
½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces (110 g) low moisture mozzarella cheese or mild cheddar cheese, grated
2 teaspoons baking powder
10 large, free-range egg whites
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
3 tablespoons grated cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 325F/165c. Line a 12-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the almond flour, salt, cheese, and baking powder in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff (using a stand mixer, electric beaters, or a hand whisk), add the cooled melted butter, and then very gently fold in the almond flour mixture, keeping as much air in the whisked egg whites as possible.
4. Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and sprinkle the garnish ingredients on top. Place the pan on a middle shelf in the oven.
5. Bake the loaf for approximately 35 minutes until well risen and golden brown,. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
6. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container and use as needed.