LOW-CARB VANILLA PUDDING
Homemade pudding is a delicious and satisfying treat, especially when it’s a snap to throw together! This recipe uses gelatin to set the pudding, rather than traditional cornstarch, and a mix of heavy cream and water replaces carb-heavy milk, for a smooth and delightful, healthy treat!
Makes: 6 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES (PLUS 3 HOURS CHILLING)
Cooking Time: 5 MINUTES
2 ½ cups (600 ml) heavy cream
1 cup (240 ml) water
4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
1/3 cup (65 g) Sola sweetener
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Seeds of ½ vanilla bean (optional)
¼ stick (30 g) unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh raspberries & cherries
1. Place the cream and water in a saucepan and whisk to combine. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top of the water-cream mixture, and let rest for 5 minutes to bloom.
2. Add the Sola sweetener, vanilla extract, vanilla seeds (if using), butter, and salt to the pan, and whisk well.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a boil, continue to cook over a low simmer for another minute, whisking well until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat.
4. Pour the pudding mixture into a large bowl, cover the surface of the pudding directly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
5. Remove the pudding from the refrigerator, and whisk well, preferably using an electric whisk, for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth and glossy. Serve chilled in individual serving dishes, and garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream if you like!