LOW-CARB MIXED BERRY OR STRAWBERRY JAM Recipe
This is a simple recipe for berry jam, which is a fantastic, versatile staple; use it at breakfast, for cake fillings, and as a yogurt topping.
Makes: 50 - 1 TABLESPOON SERVINGS
Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 15 MINUTES
16 ounces (450 g) fresh blueberries
8 ounces (225 g) fresh raspberries
16 ounces (450 g) fresh strawberries
½ cup (120 ml) water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from ½ vanilla bean/pod
¾ cup (145 g) Sola sweetener
1. Wash the blueberries and raspberries thoroughly and place them in a large saucepan.
2. Wash the strawberries, remove the green leafy tops, and add to the pan.
3. Add the water, vanilla extract or seeds, and Sola sweetener to the pan.
4. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes, until it reaches a thick jam-like consistency.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and cool to room temperature. Serve the jam or pour into storage jars and keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Using blueberries for this recipe helps the jam set because they naturally contain pectin, which thickens the jam as it cools.