KETO GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS FOR CHEESECAKES AND PIE CRUSTS
Graham cracker crumbs are an essential ingredient for crusted desserts such as cheesecakes, no-bake pies, and bars. There are not any store-bought, sugar-free, low-carb graham crackers, so use this simple recipe to make your own.
makes: 4 CUPS OF CRUMBS (16 QUARTER CUP SERVINGS)
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cooking time: 10 MINUTES
2 ¼ cups (214 g) finely-ground almond flour
½ cup (80 g) Sola sweetener
1 stick (113 g) unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon natural vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you have a smooth dough. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 325F/160c and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Roll the dough to 1/8 inch (3 mm) thickness between two layers of parchment paper. Peel off the top layer of parchment, cut the dough into individual two-inch squares, and place them onto the baking sheets.
4. Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake for five minutes. Turn them 180 degrees and bake for another five to eight minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and place them onto a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (since they are softer than regular graham crackers, it is easier to crush them when they are cold).
6. Place the cookies in a food processor and blitz until you have fine crumbs, or place them inside a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin.
7. Store the crumbs in an airtight container until needed and use as directed.