KETO CORNBREAD MUFFINS
Without containing any corn, these muffins taste remarkably similar to corn bread; moist and fluffy with a subtle sweetness. Coconut flour makes up the bulk of the batter, and requires a lot of liquid to balance, so don’t be alarmed by the runny texture of the batter before baking. Pair these golden delights with barbecued meats or as a replacement for dinner rolls at any meal, and don’t forget the butter!
Makes: 10 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 25 - 30 MINUTES
1 cup (110 g) coconut flour
½ cup (55 g) finely ground almond flour
3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
¼ cup (50 g) Sola sweetener
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
6 ounces (170 g) softened cream cheese
6 free-range eggs
½ cup (120 ml) cultured buttermilk (or heavy cream)
1 ¼ sticks (140 g) unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175c. Grease 8 sections of a non-stick muffin pan.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add the wet ingredients and use a handheld electric mixer or stand mixer to whisk the batter until smooth.
4. Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cup sections and place in the oven to bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until risen and golden-brown.
5. Transfer the muffins from the oven to a rack and allow to cool slightly.
6. Remove the muffins from the pan and serve warm with plenty of salted butter.