Cocoa, Almond and Flaxseed Oatmeal
This hearty breakfast porridge is perfect for cold mornings and makes a great base for adding different flavors and toppings. A very small amount of real oats gives it an authentic texture and flavor but the bulk of the cereal is almond flour and flaxseed meal, which are low-carb and packed full of energy and nutrients for a brilliant start to your day!
Makes: 1 SERVING
Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 5 MINUTES
1 tablespoons rolled oats
1 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
1/2 cup (55g) finely ground almond flour
2 tablespoons Sola sweetener
¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons heavy/double cream
1 very small pinch salt
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and place over medium heat.
2. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to cook the mixture until it has thickened to your preferred consistency (approximately three to five minutes).
3. Pour the cereal into a bowl and top with a dash of heavy cream and your choice of toppings, blackberries and toasted pumpkin seeds work well.
• Fresh berries of your choice
• Ground cinnamon
• Chopped, roasted nuts
• Toasted, shredded, unsweetened coconut