KETO SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH ALMONDS AND BROWN BUTTER
Deliciously simple and very easy to make, the green beans are lovely and buttery with a nice crunch from the almonds
Makes: 4 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 10 MINUTES
7 ounces (200 g) French green beans
2 tablespoons toasted almonds
¼ stick (30 g) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Wash and remove any stalks from the green beans.
2. Bring a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil on a high heat.
3. Throw in the green beans and cook them in the boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, they should still have a slight crunch to them.
4. Drain the beans and set to one side.
5. In a large frying pan melt the butter and add the green beans to the pan, season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Add the toasted almonds and toss through the beans thoroughly, continue to cook for two minutes until the beans are piping hot and the almonds are toasty.
6. Take care not to overcook the beans; they should still have a slight crunch to them.
7. Serve immediately to avoid the beans losing their vibrant green color.