Smoked salmon and creamy scrambled eggs
This is the ultimate luxury breakfast which is perfect for special occasions or Sunday brunch with friends and family
Yield (serves): 4
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
8 large free-range eggs
½ pound (225 g) smoked salmon
4 slices crusty bread
8 tablespoons Heavy/double cream
½ stick (55 g) unsalted butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
a little freshly chopped parsley or dill, to garnish
1. Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them lightly with a whisk, season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the cream
2. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over a very gentle heat.
3. When the butter has melted and begins to foam, pour in the beaten eggs. Increase the heat slightly and, using a wooden spoon, stir continuously backwards and forwards, getting right into the corners of the pan.
4. Continue to stir the eggs until they become soft and creamy but still quite loose, this should take approximately 3 minutes.
5. Taste to check the seasoning and divide the scrambled eggs between four lightly toasted and buttered slices of crusty bread
6. Gently fold the slices of smoked salmon over the scrambled eggs and garnish with fresh parsley or dill and ground black pepper, serve immediately.
If you don’t want to use smoked salmon, why not try using prosciutto or black forest ham as a delicious alternative
Whole wheat or sour dour bread is perfect for this dish