Raspberry champagne fizz
This is a sophisticated cocktail which is excellent for celebrations; the fresh raspberry floating in the cocktail gives it that extra special touch
Yield (serves): 1
Prep time: 5 minutes
2 teaspoons fresh raspberry puree
1 ounce raspberry liqueur (Chambord is good)
1 ounce (25 ml) vodka
½ teaspoon white sugar
Champagne or sparkling wine to top
fresh raspberry to garnish
1. Pour the raspberry puree, raspberry liqueur and vodka into a chilled champagne glass.
2. Add the sugar cube and mix well
3. Pour a small amount of champagne into the bottom of the glass and stir well. It will fizz up and bubble violently with the first bit of champagne
4. Carefully top up the rest of the glass with champagne and give it a very gentle stir being careful not to let it fizz up again.
5. Place a fresh raspberry into the top of the glass and serve immediately.
To make the raspberry puree, simply push some fresh raspberries through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds, which will at the same time create a puree
If you can’t get hold of vodka this cocktail also works very well with brandy
Try using Rose or Blush champagne for that extra special touch