Prosciutto and sage wrapped chicken breast with grilled Mediterranean vegetables
The prosciutto helps give the chicken a rich flavor and helps seal in the juiciness, served on a bed of roasted Mediterranean vegetables which are full of flavor and add vibrant color to the dish.
Yield (serves): 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
4 Large chicken breasts
4 slices of prosciutto
16 fresh sage leaves
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
4 bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine
2 Red onions
1 bunch fresh basil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 sprig fresh thyme
Seasoning to taste
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°c/350F
2. Prepare the vegetables and cut into similar sized pieces approximately 1 inch (2 cm) by 1 inch (2 cm), leave the cherry tomatoes whole.
3. Place all of the vegetables apart from the cherry tomatoes into a deep roasting tin and add the crushed garlic, chopped thyme, balsamic vinegar and seasoning, drizzle with a little olive oil.
4. Place into the oven to roast for approximately 25 minutes
5. Meanwhile prepare the chicken breast by trimming off any fat or skin and season well, place 4 sage leaves onto the chicken breast and wrap with the prosciutto.
6. Pan fry the chicken breasts for approximately 6 minutes until the prosciutto is golden brown and crispy.
7. After the vegetables have had 15 minutes in the oven, take them out and give them a good stir, place the cherry tomatoes and seared chicken breasts into the tray and return to the oven to cook for an additional 10 minutes
8. Once everything is cooked, remove from the oven and stir a bunch of chopped basil into the vegetables.
9. To serve, divide the vegetables between four plates and top with the cherry tomatoes on the vine and the chicken breast sliced in two. Garnish with chopped parsley.
You could also substitute the chicken with monkfish or cod for this dish if you prefer
Classic Wine: Cotes de Provence, Bandol Grenache grape.
New World: Zinfandel Rose California.