This is a nice light tiramisu recipe which uses fat free cream cheese instead of mascarpone, try substituting the sugar for a low calorie sweetener of your choice to make this dessert even easier on the waist
Yield (serves): 4
Prep time: 15 minutes plus one hour chilling
Cooking time: minutes
20 Lady fingers / trifle sponges
1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
2 tablespoons Tia Maria coffee liqueur
2 x 8 ounce packs (450g) fat free cream cheese
¼ cup (60 g) sugar or equivalent low calorie sweetener
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons good-quality cocoa powder
1. Place half of the sponge fingers into the bottom of a deep sided serving dish
2. In a small bowl, mix the coffee powder with 2 tablespoons of hot water, then stir in the Tia Maria and 1 tablespoon of sugar and drizzle half of this all over the sponge and set aside.
3. Put the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Spoon half over the sponge, leveling the surface.
4. Arrange the remaining sponge on top and drizzle with the remaining coffee mixture. Top with the remaining quark mixture and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
5. Use a small sieve to lightly dust cocoa powder over the tiramisu and serve.
If you don’t have Tia Maria you can also use brandy for this recipe, or for an even healthier version leave out the alcohol
Try adding a few drops of almond essence instead of vanilla extract and sprinkle the tiramisu with some toasted almonds for a delicious alternative
Fortified Wine Port, Madeira, VDN Van doux Naturel