Five minute banana and toffee mousse
This is a delicious dessert which literally takes five minutes to put together, great if you’re in a hurry!
Yield (serves): 4
Prep time: 5 minutes
One can Nestlé Dulce de leche topping
2 ½ cups (600 ml) Double/heavy cream
3 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons Icing/confectioners sugar
4 Ripe bananas
1 ¼ cups (100 g) Digestive biscuits/graham crackers (crushed)
Chocolate shavings to garnish
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the cream, three quarters of the dulce de leche, brandy and sugar.
2. Mix with an electric whisk until the mixture becomes light and fluffy and resembles the texture of whipped cream; be careful not to over whip the mixture.
3. To assemble the mousse fill the bottom of 4 dessert glasses with half of the crushed biscuits, then ½ a sliced banana and 1 teaspoon of dulche de leche.
4. Fill the glass half full with the mousse mixture and repeat the process.
5. Garnish the top of the mousse with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and a drizzle of the dulce de leche.
If you can’t find Nestlé dulche de leche topping you can make your own by gently simmering one can of sweetened condensed milk in water for three hours. Make sure the water is only simmering and never boils dry, once cooked cool overnight before opening and using.
Classic Wine: Sauternes, Chenin Blanc from the Loire Anjou Saumur.
New World: Late harvest or Botrytis Semillon from USA or Australia.